Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Blogger templates

Tuesday, 30 March 2010

" ALEXIS"

Today folks I would like to introduce you to a tasty blog, if you love cooking, u will love this Blog, it is called "RUNNING AWAY? I WILL HELP YOU PACK" By Alexis aka mom. I have only recently met Alexis and try to visit her on a daily basis, her recipes are delicious she also posts other things, step by step instructions make it dead simple to copy her recipes, please also note a previous Blog Promotion our Kathy also has a Recipe blog, so why not give them a visit.


ABOUT ALEXIS

Hi my name is MOM oh wait my birth-name is Alexis. These days it's MOM and yes that's right it comes out at a level higher then a scream! I have 2 very active boys. Hope you enjoy the wacky world I call life between working full time and taking care of the 3 boys (that includes my husband).


A SAMPLE OF ALEXI'S WORK

CARAMELIZED PEAR AND PECAN FRENCH TOAST

ORAC Value: 4,600
Makes 1 serving
Toping
  • 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup peeled and chopped pear
  • 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon honey, divided
French Toast
  • 1 omega-3-enriched egg
  • 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 slice 100% whole wheat bread
Directions
  1. Place a nonstick skillet over medium heat and coat with canola oil cooking spray.
  2. Combine the vanilla, pear, pecans, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of the honey in a small bowl and stir to coat. Add the mixture to the skillet and cook, stirring, 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Coat the skillet once more with cooking spray and return to the heat.
  3. Beat the egg, milk, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon in a shallow bowl. With a fork, dip the bread into the egg mixture. Flip to coat both sides.
  4. Place the bread in the skillet and cook, 1 minute per side, or until the bread is lightly browned and the egg is cooked.
  5. Top with the reserved topping and serve drizzled with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon honey.


3 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

aww thank you for mentioning my cookbook :-) I'll have to check hers out! When I find good cooking blogs I add them to my sidebar there!

Ji said...

Promotion for Kathy,
cheer!
Glad to learn something from her!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ahhhh THANK YOU SO MUCH! I so appreciate it, you're the best and made me smile!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment if YOU would like to see YOUR blog promoted here, please contact me at the top of this page :)
Also Comments will not be shown until Moderated.
,

BTemplates.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails